Friday, February 5, 2010

Media Evaluation Question 7

7. Looking back at your preliminary task what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to your full product?

From my preliminary task to my main task I have learnt and progessed a lot. Starting with meeting deadlines- I have realised that I have to hand my work in on time to get the best mark and to make sure that I can then go straight on to the next task.

When I think about coming up with ideas to do with: what pictures should I have, who I should use as my model on my front cover, etc. I have learnt that if I slow down and think carefully I can then make a great magazine and come up with great ideas.

When I first started my preliminary task I was not that used to taking pictures of my own to use on my magazine and I found it quite hard to work out which photographs I wanted to take and how and who I wanted the models or objects to be. As, I went on to my main exercise I got more used to thinking about and taking the photographs that I wanted to use on my music magazine and so my planning and the style of my photos got better.

I learnt ways of getting ideas off others by using questionnaires and asking what other people think and then using that to help me understand what I should do in my magazine. For example, two questions I asked were ‘who is your favourite band or singer?’ and ‘what is your favourite colour?’. The one about the favourite colour gave me what colours I should have as my colour scheme for my magazine and the question about favourite band or singer gave me an idea about who I should write about for my double page spread story. So, I found the questionnaires I asked very useful in helping me make my music magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment