Sunday, February 7, 2010

Magazine Evaluation Question 5

5. How did you attract / address your audience?

To attract my audience I mainly used my front cover. I considered what attracts my target audience to want to read my magazine and that is to do with: the colours used; an exciting title, an interesting main image, etc. To start off, the colours that I used on my front cover were bright / bold colours to drag the reader in. The title ‘Popular’ has the word ‘pop’ in it which keeps the good theme of the pop music genre. Also, it is saying that it is or should be a popular music magazine which makes it sound successful. The main image of the two girls smiling makes the reader want to read it because they think that the girls look friendly but the picture is also a little bit cheesy which is what pop music apparently is. The main cover line ‘a mission to fame’ makes the reader want to follow the journey with the band / singers.

The magazine addresses the reader by speaking to them using words and images. This is mainly to do with the double page spread but also involves the rest of the magazine. Using slang for some of the text makes it more informal which is what a magazine should be, otherwise the reader should just read a book. It also attracts teenagers. I have used standard English so that mainly everyone will be able to understand it and not get confused with what it is trying to say. Also, I used words like ‘you’ to have a direct connection with the reader.

Overall, I think that my music magazine works well because it attracts and addresses the reader very well so that would mean that lots of people would want to read it. Also it keeps the reader interested with all the pictures and the storylines so they would not get bored once they were reading it.

No comments:

Post a Comment